We are hiring!
JoySauce Social Media Editor Position
Roles & Responsibilities
The role of the Social Media Editor is to embody and personify JoySauce and, to a minor extent, its sister property Seattle Magazine on all social media platforms, and build audience and interest through timely posts and engagement.
We are JoySauce, a new multimedia platform full of rich, engaging stories about the Asian diaspora. We’re looking for an ambitious social media editor who will collaborate closely with our small creative team to personify JoySauce across all social media platforms, to build audience engagement, and to generate interest in our video, podcast, and written content via social channels.
Some percentage of this role (roughly 30%) will also be spent on the exciting reboot of JoySauce’s sister property; Seattle Magazine. Duties there will be functionally the same as for JoySauce, while working closely with the core editorial team.
- Use social media marketing tools to create and maintain the company’s brand image and ethos. A strong POV, excellent writing skills, and a sense of humor in the application of the company’s brand and ethos are required.
- Working with marketing professionals to develop social media marketing campaigns
- Interact with audience and other stakeholders via the company’s social media accounts, to personify JoySauce, and to a smaller extent Seattle Magazine.
- Analyze the company’s digital marketing plan and social media strategy, identify strategic weaknesses, and make recommendations for improvements
- Research social media trends and inform management of changes that are relevant to the company’s marketing activities
- Set key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns, such as targets for a certain number of shares or likes and measuring a campaign’s performance against the KPIs
- Write social media copy (Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, TikTok) in support of editorial, podcast, video content releases
- Drive brand’s point of view through curation of found and original content
- Create content appropriate for each platform (IG, TikTok, Twitter, etc). For example, shoot/edit videos for Tiktok, design written content templates forIG or Twitter, etc.
- Responsible for JoySauce & Seattle Magazine community management and growth.
- Strategizing influencer strategy and programs for campaign initiatives.
- A minimum of two years of experience as a social media editor or similar.
- Proven competency in social scheduling and analytics tools such as Hootsuite, Google Analytics, and Buffer.
- Familiarity with all major social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, and YouTube.
- Strong design knowledge and proficiency in design/editing tools such as Photoshop, Premier, Final Cut and Canva is advantageous.
- Exceptional sales and marketing abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly engaging, versatile, and adaptable.
- The ability to keep up with industry trends and new social networks.
Interested candidates should email [email protected] with an updated resume, portfolio, and craft a social media post for a piece of content currently featured on joysauce.com, along with a short explanation walking us through your thinking.
This can be either a full-time, contracted position; salary is $4500/month, or a part time hourly position at $27/hour. Hours are flexible, as the team is distributed across the U.S., and work will always be remote. Candidates of Asian heritage are highly encouraged to apply.